14 April 2007

Thought for the Day

For the warrior, there is no "better" or "worse"; everyone has the necessary gifts for his particular path. (Paulo Coelho)


Early, I pad from the kitchen to the computer with morning coffee. I check e-mail, then I read. Or look at art. A new thought for a new day. Sometimes I read all the "daily" stuff. Sometimes I wake up with words from my dreams and google them.

This morning I looked for art involving roads. I'm working on a community project involving roads in the village where I live. Always looking to connect the dots spiritually, it's intriguing me that a physical road is affecting my spiritual road.

The project is fixing an intersection that's unsafe for pedestrians. The peanut gallery of vocal angry people against this project can be counted upon to be against everything. They aren't Yankees, and instead of the dry cool wit of natives, they're terribly outraged at every issue. Instead of a well placed harumph, they write insulting, overlong letters to the editor using words like idiot and selfish. They are always mystified at the stupidity of the natives and disappointed in their lack of understanding. You know what they don't want, but can't figure out what they do want.

The Yankees just let them whirl around, out of control. A big dusty wind before the August rain. Yankees are tough and smart, self-assured of their place, they mean what they say without having to say what they mean. On the rare occasions where they offer an explanation, it's usually unsentimental bare facts wrapped in irony offered without apology. Respectfully delivered.

Newbies stay newbies, they never learn to merge, impatient to be heard. Meetings end up being like the counter at Mike's Bakery in Boston. A mad press for the victory cannoli.

All this around a road? I drive myself crazy, but a road isn't just a road. Wonder how the piece will come out? Probably okay if I stay on track.

This was my thought for the day. It's what my artists friends Express yourself a little bit more, and you'll be surprised where it takes you!





Your Life Path Number is 7



Your purpose in life is to find truth and meaning



You are very spiritual, and you are interested in the mysteries of life.

You are quite analytical and a great thinker. You have many theories and insights.

A life of solitude is perfect for you. You need time to think and do things your way.



In love, you are quite charming. You attract many with your confidence and wit.



While you enjoy being alone, sometimes you take it to an extreme.

You can become too isolated, shutting out loved ones and friends.

Express yourself a little bit more, and you'll be surprised where it takes you!

No comments: